This is the new and very powerful FrSky Taranis RC X9D Plus radio system. The case has thick brushed aluminum sides with a stronger outer frame. The radio also includes a Haptic Vibration Feedback System which provides an alternative feedback system to the existing voice and sound. If you are a club member this is a welcome addition without annoying your fellow club members. The Plus also includes a dual color LCD back-lit screen, allowing you to adjust from white to blue. Each radio ships with the newest firmware version to support the new haptic vibration feedback system.
When it comes to possibilities the Frsky TARANIS X9D Plus sets a new standard. FrSky is well known for their frequency hopping ACCST technology, that takes advantage of the entire 2.4GHz band, resulting in excellent range and reliability, they now offer their first full transmitter system.
The TARANIS mixes the power of the “OPEN TX” open-source software with an unbelievable ergonomic case with 8 programmable switches, two twist knobs and two easy to get to lateral ‘slider’ pots, and not to mention the ultra-smooth quad bearing gimbals.
The TARANIS X9D Plus utilizes Voice Alerts from an internal speaker, versus just an annoying beeper. For things like; audible Count down timers, low voltage warnings, landing gear down warnings etc., just about anything can be programmed, you can even use your own voice. The SD card slot offers unlimited memory options and a USB port for upgrades even a headphone jack.
One of the best features of the TARANIS is its full telemetry capability, as well as RSSI signal strength feedback, there are 3 different programmable fail-safe modes and receiver lock, so no more crashes due to selecting the wrong model. If you have stock in other brand receivers or BNF’s, no worries the TARANIS X9D Plus has a JR style RF module slot, so you have the option of other brand modules such as the Orange DSM2/DSMX or Open LRS 433mhz module, or pop in another Frsky module to expand the transmitters capabilities even more with duel RF.
When you put it all together, between FrSky ACCST technology and the power of “OPEN TX” software and community, you have versatility and power at an unprecedented value.
- Full Telemetry RSSI alarms (warns you of signal reception problems before disaster can strike)
- Haptic Feedback – vibration
- 16 channels (32 channels when combined with an external XJT module)
- 60 model memories
- 64 mixers, 9 flight modes
- 16 custom curves with 3-17 points each, 32 logic switches
- Voice or custom sound alerts
- USB and SD card slot for system expansion
- Long range system capable of up to 2 times the range of current 2.4 systems
- Quad bearing gimbals that are silky smooth
- State-of-the-art open source software
- Large 212 X 64 backlit LCD screen (2 backlight color options)
- Real-time data logging
- Receiver lock (program locked to aircraft – limited to FrSky receivers running PXX protocol)
- JR Style module bay for additional RF modules and so much more
- Selectable flight mode (1, 2, 3, or 4) Ships in Mode 2, Throttle on left stick.
- 2 timers, count up or down, throttle %, talking, etc.
- Trims – Adjustable from course to extra fine with extended and exponential trims
- Standard trainer jack
- ARM Cortex M3 32-bit 120MHz
- Integrates with CompanionTX – a FREE computer program that is a transmitter setup buddy. CompanionTX (Windows/Mac/Linux) is used to set-up models with the wizard, save, edit and share your models and settings as well as simulate your transmitter or model setup.
- USB connection for firmware upgrades, sound editing, R/W to the microSD card and integrate with CompanionTX
- Multiple language support (Radio arrives configured for English language)
- Open source community-driven firmware, so unlike with major manufacturers if you need a special function or have good improvement suggestions just raise your voice, and don’t be surprised if it’s implemented a couple of days later! Visit http://www.openrcforums.com to meet the developers!
1 x FrSky 2.4G ACCST Taranis X9D Plus Transmitter(white box package)
1 x 2000mah battery (If available )
1 x Charger
1 x manual